Monday, January 26, 2009

Things you never thought of doing while growing up in SoCal, part 2

Ice skating on the world's largest skating rink! Ottawa's Rideau Canal is 5 miles of zamboni'd fun.

Working on turning, stopping, and falling... Fortunately, I managed to not do all three.

While appearing completely out of my element, here was a happy familiar sight. A Canadian Royal Oak pub. I'm not sure if the pints would taste the same without a game of backgammon and some tasty potato wedges, chorizo and cheese.


Quickly enjoying a Canadian specialty, a beavertail fried pastry with cinnamon and sugar. I put my gloves back on shortly after Matthew snapped this photo. Did I mention that it's cold in Ottawa?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice Pics. You look like a "regular" Canadian out there, eh.